Certificate in Food and Feed Biotechnology
This one-year part-time course aims to up-skill existing science graduates and provide them with knowledge of the use and potential of biotechnology in food and animal feed production and processing.
The aim of this course is to up-skill existing science graduates and provide them with knowledge of the use and potential of biotechnology in food and animal feed production and processing.
Modules taught are:
- Semester 1 Biotechnology in Animal Feeds
- Semester 2 Food Biotechnology
Learners will be required to attend DkIT one half-day per week in addition to being available for some occasional practical or field classes on other days.
This course will provide learners with an extended skill set which shall lead to greater employment opportunities in the food and animal feed industries.
It will be of interest to those already working in these sectors who wish to broaden their skills base.
- Minimum of second class honours degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Science, Biotechnology, Food Science or related discipline.
- Applicants who do not meet these requirements but have relevant work experience may be assessed for entry in line with the DkIT RPL Policy and Procedures.
- International students must have a minimum level of English equivalent to IELTS 6.5. Candidates may be interviewed.
This course will be of interest to those working in the Agriculture, Environmental and Food Science areas who wish to progress to management level.
|School||School of Health & Science|
|Department||Agriculture, Food and Animal Health|
|Awarding Body||Dundalk Institute of Technology|
|Starting Date||September 2019|
How to Apply
You should apply using the DkIT Postgraduate Application (see download button below);
Please include an up-to-date CV with your completed application form and return to:
Admissions Officer, Dundalk Institute of Technology, Dublin Road, Dundalk, Co. Louth
Potential students may be interviewed